AIM
glass943

Jimmy Hallows- My Last Goodbye Jimmy Hallows- My Last Goodbye

I Like It

I love, love, LOVE your voice. Your natural sound mixed with the lo-fi quality reminds me of Billy Corgan, a man I respect and admire. For an hour and a half, this is good. Keep re-writing and re-recording and you'll have a grade A song on your hands.

PHOENIXtrunks responds:

thank you so much! I'm at a loss of words for your generous opinion, considering my level of respect for you...I'm glad you like my work! :D

Fantasy Aux Fantasy Aux

More like Final Fantasy Aux, AM I RITE!

This reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 or 8. The industrial quality of it is what gives it that video game feel. The rhythm is great; it's nice and slow and driving. Overall, a great piece of electronica. Kudos for music well written!

Heart Rate 157.551 Heart Rate 157.551

I dig it

I love electronic music, and this is a neat piece of it. It's very simple, but doesn't get boring. Nice work.

FF7 prelude (DEMO) FF7 prelude (DEMO)

Re: Verin100's comment

Word. This song is the general prelude to every Final Fantasy game. It also makes appearances in other songs from the series, if only briefly so. But all titular problems aside, this is a good version of it. The strings are a little tinny and fake sounding, but other than that, well done.

On the other hand, this is a hard song to screw up. Still, kudos.

Third Eye Third Eye

SynthPop FTW!

The intro was rad, I loved the filter you used for the keyboard in the few seconds before the guitar kicked in. And it does indeed have that Sam's Town/Born To Run feeling. If I had to give this a genre I'd make a new one. Something like "Electricana" (Electric Americana). It just sounds triumphant. Kudos!

Soundgasm responds:

Hey, thanks a lot.
I take great pride in saying that the keyboard solo was improvised.

And a new genera?
It's always been a dream of mine..

Thanks.

John Paul Jones John Paul Jones

HAHAHAH

I love it! It's like a Led Zeppelin parody almost. The high pitched voice and the bluesy Jimmy Page-esque guitar. It was funny.

LenardNotLenny responds:

You know... I wasn't thinking of Led Zeppelin at *all* when I recorded it. I had just done a report on a sailor 'in the revolution' named John Paul Jones. So... all parody, was not intended :)

Busted Busted

Again

Again, this reminds me of Burial. You have some great stuff. I wrote in another review that it's not important to me that something sound good so much as it's important to me that something sounds new. I've never heard this before, and that's what makes it true art, even if it is just experimental art.

LenardNotLenny responds:

Sweet. Yeah... I just sort of thought, "Wow! This sounds weird... how 'bout I record it!". And I guess that's what creates new music sounds. I think the vinyl static I layered over it made it sound like Burial. Thanks for the review!

Ignorance p2 Ignorance p2

Smiles All Around

Haggard took the words right out of my mouth. It reminds me of Radiohead. Actually, you might want to check out Burial. He's an anonymous dub-step musician. His latest album, Untrue, was amazing. Anyway, if Burial and Radiohead had a baby, it would be this song. And it would be a pretty baby.

LenardNotLenny responds:

:D Thats awesome! It is a bit like that... I checked out Burial and they do have a very similar beat going on. I bought Raver and Endorphin, just cause they sounded the coolest, and they really are incredible. I've been wanting to re-make this song for while, but haven't gotten around to it. So... maybe I will... Thanks for reviewing.

Cheese Melt Cheese Melt

Howdy

I know this is an older submission, but I have a suggestion. Try altering that lead descending synth line a bit. See if you cant modulate the pitch of the note in real time, rather than hitting a key every time you want to change the pitch. In my head it sounds cool, and you might like the effect.

LenardNotLenny responds:

I'll try that sometime. Even though I'm not exactly sure what you meant. This actually is a pretty new submission, its just, over a period of two days, I submitted 4 tracks...

The Red Leaves Outside The Red Leaves Outside

I'm confused

Your profile says you're only 13, but that can't possibly be true, because your voice sounds like you smoke a pack a day. In a good way. You have a lot of soul, and it's totally uplifting to hear this stuff. I used to say that Prog Rock was invented by guys who couldn't deal with the fact that at the end of the day, a 14 year old junior high drop out could get up on stage with a detuned guitar and still have more soul and rock harder than they can, despite all their technical prowess at whatever instrument they play. You ARE that kid. Bravo.

LenardNotLenny responds:

Well, I wouldn't say a pack a day... but in all seriousness, thanks so much the review. Its so awesome to get feedback like this.